Sunday, June 24, 2018

How I Chose Charlotte Grace For My Daughter


Charlotte Grace.  Ahh that name.  It melts my heart every time.  When my son Manny was born I did a similar blog post on how I decided on his name and the meaning it had to us.  You can read more on that post here Behind The Inspiration Of My Baby Boy's Name.  It was important for my daughters name to have a story and to have meaning.  I wanted to leave her with something that she could be proud of and reflect on long after I'm gone.  I am a little teary eyed as I am typing this because both of  my children's names are so meaningful to my husband and I.

I will say this, picking out a name for my daughter was extremely hard.  I had a name picked out for my son as soon as I found out the gender at 20 weeks.  I decided on a name with Charlotte at 35 weeks but I kept it mum until she was born.  I narrowed down a list of about 5 potential names that I kept going back and forth on.  And finally it hit me one day I was at work. I started to think more and more about the name Charlotte.  I felt like God was showing me how the name Charlotte connected and tied into so many things we loved and cherished. 


The name Charlotte means free and is the feminine form of Charles.  We used to live in Charleston, SC.  We consider Charleston our second home.  Our son was born there so as you can imagine Charleston is a very special place and is so dear to us.  The beauty of Charleston is absolutely remarkable and breathtaking.  It is so picture perfect.  The beaches there are tranquil and relaxing.  And it will forever have my heart.  I love the Carolinas and any chance I get to go on a vacation Charleston is the spot! We call our daughter Charlie for short and it's so perfect.  Her name is so precious to me.

Charlotte is a name that is used in royal families.  I loved that it is such a regal name, classic and beautiful.  Emmanuel is also a royal name and I thought how great it was for both of them to have such strong names that are timeless. 


I had Charlotte's middle name "Grace" picked out first.  I just knew regardless of my daughters name, her middle name would be Grace.  Grace comes from my faith in Jesus Christ.  Grace also comes from God's never ending goodness in my life, even though I have failed Him so many times, God's goodness and grace always come through.  Grace also comes from it's meaning elegance and poise. 

When I started to think about all the meanings and connections that tied in with the name Charlotte Grace it was absolute confirmation that, that was going to be her name.  There was no question about it after that.  I never felt the need to search another name.  Charlotte Grace felt so right and I felt peace about it. 


It can be hard picking out a name for your little one.  And most times it feels like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders but I can guarantee you that it will come to you and you will know when it's the right one because you will have peace about it.

My sweet Charlotte Grace.  Mama loves you.  I can't wait to share with you one day how I chose your beautiful name. 

xoxo,
Marilu
 
 

1 comment: