Monday, October 16, 2017

Wonder Woman Makeup









I kicked off my Halloween inspiration looks with none other than Wonder Woman! An inspiration to all women who have their own super hero inside of them.

This look was pretty easy to create and not just because I am a professional makeup artist.  It may have some challenges for a beginner but over all it can be a very achievable look for you at home.  I must say detail and sharp defined lines will be your biggest wow factor in this look to get that precise comic cartoon finish. 

I want to make sure you WOW them this Halloween! Therefore I created a list of tips and tricks that will certainly help you achieve  your best Halloween makeup look!  If you try these tips and this particular makeup look tag me and hash tag me on instagram @makeupbymarilu! I want to see your looks! 

xoxo,
Marilu

Wonder Woman Makeup Tips

1.  Make sure to use tapered brushes for the eyes (slim and thin).  For example these are your angled brushes and eye liner brushes for extra detail. Make sure they are not frayed and have bristles going in all directions because that will cause your look to be a little more on the sloppy side. 

2.  Make sure to do your basic face makeup first.  That means foundation, concealer, eye shadow, lips etc.  The cartoon makeup will be the finishing touch.

3.  A makeup wipe or makeup remover is going to be your best friend during this process.  When you make a mistake grab a tapered concealer brush and dip into makeup wipe or Kleenex with makeup remover on it to clean up uneven lines.  For example look at my Wonder Woman tiara .  Lines were not super straight when I free handed it at first but cleaning it over with a makeup wipe and brush allowed me to really get a perfect tiara.  Finally you will need to conceal the areas that the makeup was removed with your foundation.

4.  Make sure you use a MATTE Red liquid lipstick.  Reason being is because when you are ready to put white over your lips for the glare it will be dry and not mix with your white.  If you have a creamier non matte lipstick and it mixes  you will then get a pink mix you don't want.  These are the little details that make a difference! 

5.  Eyeliner Pencils will work great for lines of hallows of cheeks, neck lines and collar bone lines.

6.  For the star on the tiara start off small and build it so then you  can gradually sharpen the look as you get to the desired size of star you want! I used the thinnest tiniest eye brush from MAC for the star look! 

7.  I used the Makeup Forever Flash Pallet but using any makeup line or brand will get you the desired look especially if you follow these tips.


1 comment: