Monday, January 9, 2017

Cool Makeup Look Using Kat Von D





If you follow me on any of my social media you will know I use a lot of Kat Von D products.  I tend to gravitate to a lot of her makeup because the colors are vibrant, long lasting, and over all the quality of the product is good, plus it is set at decent price point. And lets face it she is hella cool! ;)  During the holiday season I decided to try her new Matte Metal Eye Shadow Palette.  OMG in love.  So fun, especially for the makeup junkie/color junkie.  All the eye shadows are silky smooth, glide on with perfection and are rich in color.  

A video of this look may be in the works (long story).  In the mean time I really want to give you all the details of this look.  I am very pleased with Kat Von D's cosmetics.  The only product I had to alter was the Lock it Foundation.  I found it too thick for my skin so I mixed it with another foundation that gave me a little more hydration but yet kept the coverage. 


I hope this look inspires you to try some color and be bold with your makeup.  Have fun with it.  I also hope this helps you decide if these are some products you may want to try in the future.  I can't wait to  bring you more color combinations and more makeup inspiration looks using this fun palette. 


Below I have included all the makeup details! Will you be trying a similar look soon?  Have you ever tried Kat Von D Beauty cosmetics?  If so what do you think?

Till Next time!
xoxo,
Marilu








Brows:   Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in Dark Brown set with  DUO Powder in Dark Brown 


Eyes:  Kat Von D Matte Metal Palette 
  • Ribbon in crease and outer corners
  • Twinkle in inner corner and tear duct '
  • Feather on the inner lid
  • Loreal black gel liner
  • Roxy everlasting liquid lipstick as a double liner over the black
  • Loreal Carbon Voluminous mascara
  • Makeup Geek Full Spectrum Eye Liner in Obsidian
  • House Of Lashes in Boudoir 


Lips: Roxy and Luv in inner lip

Foundation:  Medium Warm 53 Lock it foundation mixed with Loreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation in 208




Concealer:  Lock it Concealer Creme in M17








Bronzer:  Cargo in Matte (such a perfect every day bronzer) 

Cheeks:  MAC Saturn Blush (discontinued :( )

Highlight:  Anastasia Beverly Hills in Pure Hollywood

Setting Powder:   Kat Von D Lock It Translucent Setting Powder ( This stuff is amaaazing.  It always gives me an effortless glow setting my highlight/concealer)


3 comments: