Saturday, April 6, 2013

Choosing our stroller Review Part I : Britax B Agile Travel System

I confess, picking out a stroller and travel system is pretty overwhelming.  First of all you don't know where to start.  There are so many designs and features to take into consideration.  I was falling in love with Pram's, Stoke's and Uppa Babby's etc. but that was just way out of our budget. 

Here are the main things I was looking for in a travel system.

Safety and quality is of the utmost importance.  The appearance of a stroller/car seat is also important to me.  After all I'm going to be taking this bad boy everywhere I go, I might as well look good!  I was willing to invest in a stroller, but at the same time I did not want to break the bank. I know I wanted a sleek appearance and color gender neutral to get more use of it in the future.  I definitely wanted a bassinet.  I wanted something light, not bulky and easy to break down.  I don't have patience for things like that lol.  I definitely wanted a large canopy and I wanted it to be a smooth ride for baby and easy to maneuver.
A little tid bit on Britax is that it is the best selling car seat in Europe and they entered the U.S. market in 1996 being one of the most trusted brands by American parents.  They are up to date with new technologies to protect your child and they study the science in car crashes.

As you can see in the picture above, the stroller is sleek, it has a large canopy, and it does not look bulky.

My main concern was breaking it down.  I didn't want it to be complicated.  I could just imagine myself being stuck in a busy parking lot with a crying baby and trying to break down a heavy bulky stroller.  I would go nuts.  So my husband and I went to Babies R Us to check it out in person since they sold it at the store. We had discovered the Britax travel system online doing lots of research on strollers.  So as we go and check out this bad boy literally with one push of a button it folds and it's lightweight to carry.  It was so simple and effortless that I was instantly impressed with it's features.

We purchased the stroller on Amazon for $320.  The stroller and the car seat came with it.  Babies R Us was selling just the stroller itself for $189.  Of course we read the reviews, watched the Youtube video reviews, and we liked what we saw and read.  It was definitely reasonably priced for something that we will use many years to come.  

Some of the things on this stroller are sold separately like the child tray and cup holders, but honestly that was not a big issue for us because we can always buy those things when we are ready to. 


This is the B Ready stroller (a different version), however this is the bassinet I bought which is compatible with the Britax Agile Stroller.

B-Agile Stroller with Bassinet and seat removed.
As I mentioned I definitely wanted a bassinet.  I just liked the idea that it would be more comfortable for baby, since he gets to lay down and have some space.  The bassinet was sold separately and was $120 at www.hayneedleinc.com

Stay tuned for my second and third review over this stroller. I'm really excited about it.  I just know I'm going to love it.  I'm pretty much at peace with my decision.  Hopefully this helps out any mommy's to be out there that are also in the same predicament I was!




xoxo,
Marilu

No comments:

Post a Comment