Monday, March 25, 2013

My Tiffany Blue Baby Shower With a Touch of Yellow


30 week bump wearing an ASOS maternity dress.
My baby shower was this weekend!  It was soo much fun and we had a great turn out since it was coed.  I was so thankful for that.  I decided to do a Tiffany Blue shower with a touch of yellow. 

All my family was unable to attend from Texas because they will be in town for Emmanuel's birth.  I can't wait to see them!



I wore a maternity dress from ASOS, which was a little too big on me.  That was my fault.  There was only a size 8 and it was the last one so I snagged it thinking I could get it altered before the baby shower...ehh didn't happen.  I seriously ran out of time.  The dress was gorgeous, my only complaint is that it was a little too flowy because it was two sizes too big. 

I loved the neckline beading and detail.  It represented the girly in me, it was a soft peachy pink color that was so appropriate for spring.  I added a Tiffany blue ribbon around my waist to represent my precious baby boy.



 Tiffany Blue Nails were done by Classy Nails Salon in Ladson, SC.  If you live around this area I highly recommend this nail shop.  Amazing service and talented professionals.  This was a OPI gel polish that the salon carried so I don't know the name of it.  It's very similar to Essie's Mint Candy Apple.


My beautiful centerpieces!  Ok, so originally we were supposed to have this baby shower outdoors, but since there was rain in the forecast we decided to set up in doors.  It was a bummer but everything still turned out beautiful.  

I took this idea off of Pinterest and made it my own.  I added a couple of things here and there.  Literally this was a non expensive centerpiece.  All I did was buy mason jars, lemons, artificial flowers and yellow polka dot ribbon from the Dollar Tree, and some pearls and rhinestones at Michael's.

The favor boxes are from Michael's. They had m&m's and I tied them with Tiffany blue tulle, making a cute bow.  



My cake was from Amelia Claires Sweets and Treats.  I wanted something simple, elegant and classy. I wanted to go with a cute chevron design and a little bow tie on top.  I absolutely loved his initial on top of the cake.


Here are some of the co workers I work with at MAC.  Amber, Suryia, and Troy are talented makeup artists I have the pleasure to work with.  I am so grateful to have met them.  One of the things I will forever cherish from Charleston, are the wonderful, wonderful people I've met.

Cutting the cake! I love my hubby!
So in love forever and ready to start our family


I made Tiffany Blue Lemonade! This is a picture off of pinterest. I did not place the lemonade in bottles like this I just put it in a serving container.  The lemonade color looked so cool with the theme.  All you need is three key ingredients.
  1. Country Time Lemonade mix
  2. Blue Raspberry Kool Aide
  3. Sugar



Guest sign in book was from Hallmark.  We will continue to use it for guests who attend his 1st year birthday and so on.  Then give it to him as a memory when he is older.


My beautiful coworkers Amber, Olga, Me, Suryia, and Troy!


We played 2 games.  The diaper game and measuring my belly game.  The diaper game was hilarious.  So much fun.  Definitely recommend.  It is great for a coed baby shower.

Taking down all the diaper guesses! LOL


Mommy opening up her gifts!
This baby shower was so amazing.  I missed my family so much. Thank you to all the people who came by and helped out.  It truly meant the world to me and like I said before I will always cherish the people I have met in Charleston.  

xoxo,
Marilu 


No comments:

Post a Comment