Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fresh Face Makeup & Review For Revlon Photoready Airbrush Foundation


Today was all about getting errands done.  I had to go get my eyebrows threaded and thankfully I finally found a place here in Charleston that does it.  I did some grocery shopping as well and other quick things.  Usually when running around doing errands I'm all about convenience with my makeup.  I want something that is going to be fast, but yet something that is going to look beautiful and fresh.  I'm going to give you the run down on what I used for my makeup.  


Here are the essentials.  Revlon's Photoready Airbrush foundation, Scott Barnes honey palette, Victoria Secret Beauty Rush Bronzer, Makeup Forever Aqua Eyeliner in 3L, and not pictured is Zoom Lash mascara by MAC.  


This is how the Revlon foundation is presented at your local drug store, Walmart, Target, etc.  They come in various shades.  The price is $10.49 (price may vary in different stores) and the color I use is Natural Beige.  I recommend reading any information that is related to the foundation on this unit just so you can get a better understanding.

I really was in need of a foundation and as you know I'm a diva on a budget, so I decided to try this one out for now until I'm ready to buy my higher end foundation. (I will tell you which high end foundation I use in another post! So stay tuned!)

The packaging comes in a pump.  When you pump the foundation it will form a round, mouse texture bubble like the picture shown below on the left side and on the right side is when it flattens out when you use a foundation brush to grasp some of the product.

Be careful when you pump the foundation when you are ready to use it.  Each pump really gives a generous amount.  The first time I tried it I had put too much on the back of my hand.  I did not want to waste it, so I just added more coverage on the areas I felt needed to be concealed more.  


This foundation gives great coverage.  It goes on smoothly.  I feel for the price, you're getting a good quality foundation.  If you have oily skin this may not be your favorite only because it has a little bit of a dewy finish.  If you really want to try it I suggest setting it with an oil absorbing powder and caring your powder with you for touch ups throughout the day.  I have combination skin, so I felt this was okay on me.  Going into the colder seasons this would definitely be a great foundation on my skin.  And of course if you have drier skin, you definitely will like the feel and finish of this makeup.



This foundation is perfect for picture taking.  Revlon states that it's photochromatic pigments minimize the appearance of flaws for a smooth, poreless look.  How fabulous is that!?

I used Loreal Magic Lumi concealer in Light which is so easy and fast to apply because it has a brush wand.  I love this.  It looks beautiful on.    


Scott Barnes Honey Chic Palette
For my blush I used Scott Barnes Honey pallet.  I mainly used the coral color on the left hand side.  The lightest color I added as a highlight to my cheek bones and that is the far right color.

Victoria Secret Beauty Rush Bronzer
My sister got me one of these Victoria Secret bronzers for my birthday and I just tried it today.  Let me tell you,  these are AWESOME!  It has great pigmentation and yet it looks so natural.  I loved how my skin looked in it.  I would have never known if she wouldn't have given me this as a gift, so BIG thank you to my sis! :)


Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in 3L
Eyes are important especially when you are on the go.  You want something that pops, but you don't have all the time in the world  to work on your eyeshadow, so what I did is I used the Makeup Forever Aqua Eyeliner in 3L.  I lined all my upper lid with it and then used a firm brush to blend it all over.  I also went over my underline with this color.  Then I applied some of MAC's Zoom lash mascara.

Of course can't stress it enough fill in those brows. I used Anastasia Duo Powder.  For my lips I just used a discontinued MAC coral lipstick with  MAC's stripdown lip liner.  Another product I used was Chanel's Khol Natural Beige liner for the water line.

This makeup was quick, easy, effortless, but yet it's put together and that's how you want to look even when you run errands because then you feel good about yourself.  Take pride into taking care of yourself! :)



4 comments:

  1. Love Anastasia duo powder! Thanks sis for the tips ;) keep'em coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your input and I'm definitely going to try the Revlon foundation. You look so flawless! So how do you use the bronzers? I have some and I'm not sure if I apply it on top of my powder or if that all I wear?? I don't wear much makeup...too hot out here in Texas! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy and You gave me a great idea. I will show you in a video. I'll let you know when it's up.

      Delete