Thursday, July 12, 2012

Getting Creative Wearing All Black For Work.


As a makeup artist I strictly have to wear ALL black.  Accessories can only be gold, silver, bronze, and black.  The reason for that is for our makeup to stand out and be the center focus.

I have to get creative when I combine outfits for work because if not I literally get in this funk.  It's important for me to look my best because that is when I feel my best and vice versa.

As you guys know I'm all about affordable fashion.  I am not a millionaire so I can not splurge on luxury items, if not I would and I would still shop affordable.  And if I do splurge on something it's because I've worked hard and saved.  After all fashion is an investment and so is makeup. ;)

If you have a job that requires you to wear all black, I'm going to give you some tips so read on.  If you just want to try out the black on black trend go for it.  I've been seeing it around a lot lately.

Let's talk accessories.  The bracelet I'm wearing is from 2b.  If you can't find it at the store go online at www.2bstores.com.  You will learn I'm a HUGE online shopper!  I'm wearing diamond studs I got for Valentine's Day from my hubby.  My necklace is from Forever 21.  It has leopard print designs on the some of the stones.  My belt is from Forever 21, and a  Michael Kors watch. 

The great thing about black is you can mix endless accessories with it.  You can even accessorize with color.  Unfortunately I can't for work attire, but if you can add that splash, do it!  Personally I love a lime yellow combined with black.  

Accessory Tip:  It's all about a statement piece! Add it into your outfit.



Clothing:  My top is from TJ Maxx.  The back has a little bit of lace and My skirt is from 2b.  

A lot of people thought I was wearing a maxi dress.  It created that illusion because of the belt.  This was bohemian chic inspired.  

Clothing Tip:  When combining black on black play around with textures such as leather, chiffon, mesh, sequin etc.  That keeps an outfit interesting instead of just drowning in all black.  Jazz it up with outerwear like a cute vest or blazer.




Makeup:  Main key items used on my makeup was MAC's skinfinish from the Heavenly Creatures collection.  This is amazing.  It gives great color.  




For my eyes I mainly used the Naked Palette by Urban Decay.  This is one of my fav's.  Because I was  going for a Bohemian chic look I kept my makeup soft and natural.

Makeup tip:  Depending what look is inspiring you make sure your makeup fits in well with your look. Experiment with color and don't be afraid to try something different; colored liner, bold lip, soft eye etc.  And make sure to fill in those brows.

Shoes:  The shoes I wore are from Aldo.  I like these because of the gold hardware in them.  These definitely went with my look and I was comfy at work all day.  

Shoe tip:  You can get so ridiculously creative with shoes as far as color and style.  Always make it flow with your outfit.  I'm a firm believer that shoes can make or break an outfit.

Hope this helps you guys.  Especially for my divas who have to wear all black to work!
xoxo,
Ari


No comments:

Post a Comment